(Can I just say how much I love this picture? I think it's so funny the way my Grandpa is holding my arm.)
10. He always wore turquoise. Whether it was a ring, a string tie, or a belt buckle. He couldn't get enough of the stuff.
9. He used the word paw instead of hand, claws instead of fingers and fangs instead of teeth.
8. He drove this rad retro yellow van with only one seat in the back. The rest was open and so we got to sit on the floor whenever we went anywhere, which is super fun for a kid.
7. He was a fly fisherman and he tied his own flies. He had a room in his basement with a desk where he tied the flies and there were tons of little compartments all over the room that stored them. He and my Grandma retired to Bozeman, Montana because of the fly fishing.
6. He always wore cowboy boots.
5. He would write me letters. And I loved his handwriting. He often put a P.S. that would say, "When you come visit us, I will rock you to sleep."
4. He loved kids. He was really good with Em, Jeremy and me. He even drove a school bus for awhile when he was older.
3. He had good taste in music. He liked a lot of the big band stuff.
2. After he got saved, (which was late in life but before I was born), he treated my Grandma like an angel. My mom said he used to embarrass her when people came over because he would just stare at my Grandma and say, "Isn't Frances wonderful?"
1. He was just so loving and loveable. One time, after my Grandma died and when his health had really declined, we went to Montana and Em, Jeremy and me were at his neighbor's house playing with their dog. The owner's were gone but they let us go in the back. My parents and aunt and uncle were all gone so my Grandpa was the only one at home. Jeremy decided to hang from the door frame and I copied him and fell and landed on my back on the raised door jam on the ground. It hurt really bad and I was crying when we got back. My Grandpa felt so bad for me but didn't really know what to do. He was almost in tears as he lay me down on the couch and put a blanket over me. For some reason I will never forget that. He died when I was in 9th grade but I love him so much and can't wait to see him in Heaven!
Oh and one more thing, his name was Jack! I love that name!