Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 19, 2008

2nd Grader Quotes

Student: "This is the worst day of my life."
Me: "Why?"
S: "I got a zero on my spelling test."

Different Student: "This is the worst January of my life."

"My one goal is to get my Webkinz a girlfriend by the end of this month."
(A webkinz is an online pet, for those of you who didn't know.)

S: "I LOVE this game!"
Me: "What game are you playing?"
S: "The boys chase us with sticks...and we run."
(They are no longer allowed to run with sticks.)

Two separate notes Becky found on a table:
"I get to take home the turtles today."
"Note to self: take home turtles."

Me: "What are you playing?"
S: "American girl dolls and monsters."
Me: "So the girls are American girl dolls and the boys are the monsters?"
S: "Yeah well it's like on T.V. and movies and stuff...they aren't really dolls!"

S: "Where's the man?"
Me: "What man?"
S: "The man that was on Miss Nenandov's desk...he had innards."
(Becky used to have a see-through little plastic man on her desk with colorful...innards....sometimes the vocabulary of second graders amazes me.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails