Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Memory

Monday night I saw the movie, The Vow, with my mom and my Aunt Donna.  I know I know, cheesy sounding, right?  I was even more concerned when I saw that the critics gave it pretty bad reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised.  In fact, I really liked it.  Just a warning, I can't completely recommend it...watch with discretion. 
The movie is inspired by a true story about a relatively newlywed couple who get in a car accident and the wife loses the previous 5 years of her memory.  In the real story she lost a year, but she met, started dating and married her husband within that year and so she didn't remember him. 
It got me thinking, what would that be like if it were me?  What has happened in the last 5 years of my life?
I realized a LOT has happened!
I graduated college.
I received my teaching credential.
I was an assistant teacher at two different schools.
I joined high school staff at church.
My dad died.
I got a disease.
I started working at Grace to You.
I have many new, dear friendships.
I just can't imagine waking up one day not remembering any of that!  I think I would freak out over my gray hairs, I would wonder why I'm not teaching.  I wouldn't know half the people I interact with now on a daily basis.  And I can only imagine what it would be like to hear the response to "Where's dad?"
So! Memory.  Not something I thank God for often, in fact, sometimes I do wish I could forget some things.  But thinking about it, I am truly so thankful for my memory!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails