I've written a lot about the cute little peanut on the way lately, but nothing about my amazing husband. (And I don't know about you, but I kinda think he looks like a model in the picture up there.)
I don't even know where to start in explaining to you the kind of man he is. (Is it bad to brag about your husband?)
Anyway, I will just start with a list of things that I have come to love and appreciate about him. Things I have discovered since we've been married. Well, I'm sure I saw hints of some of these things before we were even married.
- He makes dinner for us when I'm tired.
- He helps me do the dishes.
- Sometimes he even helps me cook.
- He is a really good communicator.
- He helps keep me calm. A couple of my friends in high school used to call me "Spaz." Not a nickname I appreciated at all, but if I'm being honest, it was true. I still tend to spaz out if I see a bug in our apartment, or I drop a glass bowl, or I spill something all over the floor. At other times my temper will come out and Kwacha is just really good at nipping it and reminding me why I DON'T NEED TO FREAK OUT! (Except he never yells at me.)
- He never yells at me.
- He. doesn't. snore. Seriously! Read that again! I used to joke about how if someone ever proposed to me, before responding I would ask if they snore. When I was younger and our family went on vacation and had to share a hotel room, my dad would snore and I...would cry. Literally. I also hate wearing ear plugs. Seriously, why is God so kind to me.
- He makes sure I eat correctly. Which is important with ulcerative colitis and gestational diabetes. I don't always like it at the time, but in the long run I'm very thankful.
- He's affectionate.
- He prays for our daughter.
- He always prays for family/friends at dinner.
- He insists I call him if I ever get home late at night so that he can meet me outside before I get out of my car.
- He thinks and cares about other people.
- He likes match-making as much as I do. ;)
- He'll watch shows and movies I like. Including some chick flicks.
- He's a leader. He is faithful to make sure we read together. Right now it's Proverbs.
- He seeks after wisdom.
- He is wise!
- He thinks before he speaks and acts.
- He carries the grocery bags, or anything remotely heavy, for me.
Okay, this is even easier than I thought it would be. It's just flowing. So I'll stop there for now. But I can always make another list! ;)
I love you, Kwacha!