Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving


So I know that a lot of people think that it is cheesy to go around the table after Thanksgiving dinner and have each family member say what they are thankful for, but this happens to be my favorite part of Thanksgiving. When I was younger, I actually thought that this was something only my family did. Imagine that. Anyway...I am always so encouraged by hearing what each of my family memebers thanks God for. It reminds me just how much God has given me and how ridiculous it is for me to complain about anything! I especially like hearing what my aunt, uncle, and cousin have to say, because there is only so much that you can tell about a person if you only see them a few times a month. It's been exciting to see how God has been working in their immediate family this year. Practially each one of us mentioned how God's grace in our lives is so amazing. This year, besides how thankful I am that God has saved me, I was hit with how thankful I am for my family. It's a good reflection of how God loves us, to look at our own family's love for us. My parents and sister love me unconditionally even when I don't understand why, and they see everything about me. What's even more amazing is that God knows us completely, even better then we know ourselves, and He still has chosen to love and save us.
It was fun too to do our yearly things. Emily and Jeremy and I went and played frisbee in the park. On the first throw, Emily chucked it right into someone's backyard, so Jeremy had to hop over and get it. We actually couldn't find our frisbee earlier, so we had to go out and buy one, and by the time we got to the park, we only had about 15 minutes to play...but it was still fun. Than later on we played Catchphrase. We get extremely loud playing Catchphrase...my poor Grandma couldn't hear half of what we were saying because we were screaming. It's always the "kids" against the adults, even though we're outnumbered 3 to 5, but we still managed to win. And then we played the cardgame "Hand and Foot," which without fail my mom calls "An Arm and a Leg." Anyway, I was thankful for another good Thanksgiving!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails