Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Banana Clips

So, the other day, Haley and I were talking about American Idol and how we hate the fact that Senjaya has remained on the show, beating out people that were much better singers than him: Chris Sligh, Gina Glockson, well, basically all the people that have been kicked off have been better than him. But what was most surprising to me was the fact that he was still on the show even after his mohawk incident. (Which people have been calling a fauxhawk? Fake mohawk I guess?) I've never seen anything more grotesque than Senjaya shaking his whatever-you-want-to-call-it-hawk back and forth to the beat of the song.

Well, Haley informed me that Senjaya was wearing a banana clip. Now, I had heard of this particualr kind of hair accessory before but I was never quite sure what it was. I had some vague idea in my head and I knew that it was supposed to be some hideous thing from the eighties, but I didn't realize how hideous.

I found the following picture on this website: http://www.irishstepdancingwigs.com/banana_instuctions.html
Apparently, those bountiful curls on Irish step dancers are not natural.

I just want to ask this girl if it is really worth it. I mean, look at that thing. How is it even possible to walk, let alone dance with that thing attached to your head?
Apparently, banana clips come in various styles. You could get one of the stylish hairpieces shown above, or you could choose from one of these ornamental varieties.

Nowadays, if you want to blend in with the crowd, it is probably best to buy one of these:


Available at Walgreens for only $2.49.

Wow Haley, now I see why you were laughing so hard.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails