Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Cares

Luke 21:34 "But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkeness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap."

It's amazing to me how easy it is for us as Christians to get caught up in the "cares of this life." I guess in one sense it's not too amazing with what I know of the sin that is in me, but when I sit and contemplate what I know of God and what I know is in my future, it's downright ridiculous and upsetting. I am extremely grateful for those times when God wakes me up out of a long, apathetic stage in my life where I am not seeing things clearly, blinded by selfishness and pride. I am thankful that "if we are faithless, He remains faithful - for He cannot deny Himself." I am also exceedingly thankful that He answers prayer. God is merciful and gracious and we are so undeserving.

1 comment:

Emily Taylor said...

I really like the new look of the blog. You need to show me how to do it, mine looks so unprofessional.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails