Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 07, 2009

Direction

I recently noticed that my frequency in blog posting has significantly decreased within the last few months. There are various reasons why this is the case, but one of them is the fact that there is not much direction or point to this ol' blog. Not that every blog has to have a main focus, but still, as I was reminded today at church, we are to do ALL to the glory of God, and this little blog is no exception.
So, I was doing some thinking. I don't think I ever explained the title of my blog. I guess it's pretty self explanatory, but for those of you who may not know, a "red letter day" is one to celebrate. As believers, every day is one of celebration because we have been saved! Christ has risen and is ALIVE and is preparing a place for us. No matter the trial, no matter the circumstance, we have much reason to celebrate.
So from here on out, I plan to have this blog be a reminder to myself and to you that we have much reason to rejoice. I'm going to start out with listing a minimum of three things I am thankful for each time I post. Whether it be major or minor. We have much to be thankful for.

Today in particular, I thank God that/for:

1) He has blessed Becky and me with a relatively obedient group of kids this year. These Kindergarteners seem excited about school, they are sweet and of course, funnny. The older brother of one of the boys in our class came up and tapped me at night church to say hi and I was reminded of how much I enjoy them.

2) A chance to encourage a high schooler with some verses and some ways that God has provided for my mom and my sister and me. 1 Corinthians talks about comforting others with the comfort that we have from God and that verse was made more clear to me today.

3) A wonderful lunch at Egg Plantation with Megan, Jessica and Ashleigh. Jessica and Ashleigh are sophomores in high school. They bring much joy to my life with their quirky, fun humor and desire to grow to be more like Jesus! And who doesn't like a delicious Strawberry Cream cheese stuffed french toast! MMm MMM...!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails