Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jesus, King of Kings!

I was thinking this morning about how Jesus is called the King of kings, and so I looked up all the verses in the back of my Bible that talk about God being the King. I LOVE thinking about this! Since in America we obviously don't have a king, most of my knowledge or thoughts about kings come from movies or books. There are definitely evil kings, but if you look at good kings, usually the people in their kingdom truly loved them and loved to be called the king's servant. I'm thinking in particular of stories about King Arthur and how the knights cared so much about the king's honor. Everything they did, they did for their king, or in the name of the king.
Jesus is OUR King. But He is not just any king. Isaiah 9:9 says, "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is He, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey." Jesus humbled Himself and became a servant who saved us! Those of us who sinned against Him!
I couldn't help but think of the movie, First Knight. Guinevere and Lancelot definitely sinned against King Arthur. Near the end of the movie he is going to have them killed for what they did. That doesn't wind up happening, but still, that's what he had planned on doing. We sinned against Jesus, our King, in numerous ways and a number of times that is impossible to know or count, and then He died FOR us instead of killing us! A punishment we fully deserved. Wow! Why wouldn't I want to be called His servant and live for His honor and glory?!!!

2 comments:

Emily Taylor said...

So, you're not supposed to put your blog stuff on facebook, because I read it on facebook first, and now I didn't get to experience the full joy of the new post on your blog. But it was still really good just the same and I love the way it's making me think.

Tim Pickard said...

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff to think about. Lets talk soon about getting together when I am down for the wedding. We will be there for about a week. Can't wait, I miss you.
Nicole

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails