Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Friend Files

Ashley Wauhop


Next up is my wondeful friend, Ashley!
I first met her at a staff meeting when she and her hubby, Robert, joined high school staff at church.  But we really became friends when I went to work at Grace to You.  Ashley had been working there for almost a year.
Ashley is really funny, really down to earth and "real" and just plain fun to be around.  I loved our walks we took together on our morning breaks.  I was so encouraged by her and her desire to be more like Christ.  I still am!  You should check out her blog sometime.

Here are her answers:

What is your full name?
Ashley Joelle Wauhop (technically Smith)
Is there any significance behind it?
No, my mom, along with half of the other moms in 1987, thought that she was an innovator with this new, cool name - she was wrong  
Any funny stories in connection with it?
Not except for the fact that after almost three years i STILL have my maiden name!  (I'm not a feminist, just a little lazy and cheap.)

What is your favorite book?
Let the Nations Be Glad: the Supremacy of God in Missions  by John Piper and Feminine Appeal by Caroline Mahaney
Why?
I read it when i was first "becoming a Calvinist" and it really explained a lot of things and revolutionized the way i thought! and, I just read this and it was SO practical!

Where is your favorite place to eat in the greater L.A. area?
Probably Poquito Mas  
Why?
Because it's amazing!

Have you ever left the country?
YES!  
Where did you go?
Costa Rica, Germany, Kenya, Dominican Republic, Mexico (and the Bahamas, but that is part of the US, technically, right? i didn't need a passport!)  
What did you do?
All were missions trips except Mexico - honeymoon in Playa Mujeres and the Bahamas was my senior trip in high school.  

What is your dream job?
Stay at home wife and mom!  
Are you doing your dream job right now?
YES!
What do you do?
I stay at home with my baby girl and take care of our home!!

Who do you look up to?
Wendy Kane, Caroline Mahaney, Melissa Norton, Carly Brannon  
Why?
They are great, super godly, fun, amazing moms!

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Go to Africa...basically by myself!
Details!
Basically, I almost died!  Long story short, someone broke into the house I was staying in and we had to flee for lives in the middle of the night. My parents even called the Embassy, haha.  It all worked out, though :)
What is the first concert you ever went to?
KingsFest, I think.  It's like all of these Christian bands at King's Dominion amusement park in VA - there was Superchick, Relient K, Third Day, etc...
What are you thankful for?
My salvation, my husband, Maggie, my friends, and my church!

If you had a baby elephant, what would you name it?
The first thing that came to mind was "Trunks" but, I'd eventually think of something better.

Thank you much, Ashley!  Love ya!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails