Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mad About... (Christmas Edition)

The Nutcracker!
I think I can safely say that this year, I am obsessed with The Nutcracker.  I have listened to the whole thing in my car probably around ten times this Christmas season.  Everytime track #10 is about to end, I think, "Okay, it's time to take a break." But then it just moves on to track #1 and before I know it, I've listened to the whole thing again!  I just can't get enough of it!  The music is beautiful and I am just amazed that anyone could compose something like that!  Is it totally nerdy that sometimes I get a little teary eyed listening to it?  Um yeah, thought so.  #9 gets me every time.
But what is better than listening to the music in my car?  Why, going to see the ballet of course!  I've seen the ballet a number of times but the best performance I witnessed was done by the Moscow Ballet at some theater in L.A. 

We had balcony seats...not really expensive ones, but a great view nonetheless.  The setup of the stage was amazing.  It wasn't just a single curtain that they kept changing with little room for the dancers.  It was huge and open with props and real set design.  And there was a live orchestra!
I don't think we'll be able to go this year because it's turned into an extremely busy season.  (We can't even find a whole open day to go to Disneyland.)  So I'll just keep listening to the music in my car...and imagine visions of sugar-plums dancing in my head.  ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails