Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

Winter Cleaning

Ahhhhh...a clean room.
It's sadly something I hadn't experienced for quite some time.  At least not a thoroughly cleaned room.
You know when life gets so busy that you don't even have time to do the simple things?  Okay, probably not. Any mom reading this blog is most likely thinking, "just wait, kid."  I know, I'm pathetic.
Well, whether I'm pathetic or not, I decided that today, in the midst of my week off work, would be cleaning day.  And, like usual, it paid off.  Here is the finished result.  (Notice, the black sky outside.  Yes, it took all day.)


Pictured below are the baskets full of clothes, shoes, purses and other miscellaneous items that I purged and am giving to Goodwill.


And, the picture that inspired this post.  I found out that I have 31 scarves.  Yes, 31 scarves, one for each day of the month.  I don't know about you but I think I'm set.


Really.  I truly do think that a scarf is a nice gift, and if you've given me one in the past, I'm much appreciative.  But please.  No more!


Below are the ones I am keeping, in order by color, which kinda fizzled at the end there.


And the rejects.  I'm very sorry if you see one that you gave me.  I just don't have room!


Cleaning your room can be profitable.  I found a ten dollar gift card to In-n-Out and my favorite nail polish!  A gold star for you if you can guess the name of the shade.  ;)  If you have really good eyes, you may be able to read it.


Wow, I found a desk in my room!  Now I can sit down and write someone a note with the notecards I received for Christmas.  (And a side note: that box you see on the left is filled with recipes.  I found it at a garage sale and I can't wait to try some of them out.  They sound really good.)


This next pic isn't too thrilling but I am happy that those drawers are organized!


And while I'm at it, the super cute camera bag that Em got me for Christmas, with fun houndstooth lining!


And below, an organized mess of books.  They are waiting for a new, taller bookcase...


...that will replace this one.  I mainly took this pic to show off the poster Em also gave me for Christmas.  And in the background you can see the door to my closet.  I am the most happy about that part of my room.  The floor is home to mainly just my shoes now!  And they are in order.  The clothes have been weeded through and even though the shelf looks a bit cluttered, I know where everything is.


Mmmm...another contented sigh.  I recommend winter cleaning for anyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails