Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Second Graders

God was very gracious to me this semester and saved me from a life of boredom. Not that there weren't nice things about not working every day. I am just not very good at being very disciplined without a normal schedule. Anyway, all that to say I am now working as a teacher aid to my good friend, Becky Nenandov. She teaches second grade at a small Christian school that happens to be right next door to my house. I mean that literally. It's pretty nice because on Thursday of last week, my alarm didn't go off and one of my roommates yelled into my room 10 minutes before I had to be at school. It's also pretty nice to walk home for lunch. :0)
I absolutely love the second grade. I liked it during observations in school, and now it's just as fun. They seriously say the funniest things ever. I feel like I laugh through half the day, which is nice because I love to laugh. I was just about to say, "who doesn't", but then I remembered that there are actually people who don't. Including one kid in particular that I tutor. But that's another story.
My job consists of various little responsibilities. Everything from grading papers, getting the trash can out of the boys bathroom and putting it near the lunch tables, teaching a reading group, cutting out things, tying kids shoes, watching the kids on the playground at recess and lunch, those kinds of things. Going into it I thought that watching the kids on the playground would be my least favorite part of the day, but it has actually turned out to be my favorite part! It's the time of day where I have the most interaction with the kids and I don't wind up "managing" them nearly as much as I thought I would have to. It's the one time where they are allowed to be a little crazy and get away with it. They are so creative too! I get to play tetherball and frisbee with them sometimes and swing and push them on the swing, and just stand back and watch them play "American Girl dolls and Monsters." Don't ask. :0)
Oh boy...I'll have to post some quotes up here next time. They might only make me laugh, but oh well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails